Care & maintenance
All our jewels are made of 18K gold plated silver (3 microns), natural pearls and natural gemstones. Exceptionally, our jewels can be purchased made of 18K or 24K gold, upon request email@example.com.
Metals used are in compliance with international metal composition jewelry regulations. They are always lead and nickel free.
Please follow our care instructions on how to use, clean and protect your jewelry to assure it lasts a lifetime. And If you ever have any other doubt please don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our jewelry is finished with a protective coating. It is designed to last for many years. Even though, it can naturally tarnish and look dull. Always protect your jewelry from sharp blows, scratches, chemicals, sweat or perfume.
- Keep away form water and humidity. Remove jewelry when showering and bathing. On the beach, in the sea and in chlorinated water. Don’t expose them to humid areas like in the bathroom or kitchen. And never wear them while cleaning or cooking.
- Sweat is corrosive. Avoid wearing jewelry when doing physical work. Bear in mind that your own skin PH can darken your piece.
- Avoid spraying perfume, hairspray, lotions and other chemicals. For instance, try to use your perfume first and let it dry off before wearing your jewel on.
- Clean your jewelry after each use and wipe it gently with a soft cloth to get rid of oil skin, dirt and and any other residue.
- Your jewelry can tarnish naturally, darken and even some tiny green spots can appear. That’s perfectly normal. Clean it with warm water and detergent free soap. Soak for 2 minutes. With your fingers, gently rub the jewellery and rinse off all soap with lukewarm water. Make sure to remove any excess moisture with a clean and soft cloth. You can also use a hair dryer with cold air.
- Don’t forget to store your jewel in its original packaging and pouch provided. Protect it from dust, dirt and avoid contact with the air. Environmental overexposure speeds up its oxidation. Plus, you will avoid scratches, sharp blows and prevent that it gets tangled up with other jewels.
Gold plated jewels require extra care. If you need further advise and want us to help you out with its conservation, please contact our maintenance service at email@example.com.
Gold plating service includes: 1) Polishing, to remove or reduce wear marks. 2) Cleaning to remove impurities. 3) Bath of the piece in 18K gold, 3 microns thick. 4) Drying of the piece.
We recommend performing this service as long as the jewel has lost its color intensity.